- Reference guide how Korean Kimchi salt properly
Preparation of raw materials:
– 2 cabbage plants to about 3kg
– 1 large white radish
– 2 carrots
– 1 medium onion
– 1 ginger branch
– 1 garlic
– 1 large handful of green onions (or if you have chives, then you will add more delicious)
– 80g-100g sticky rice flour
– 1-1,2 liters of filtered water
– 120g-150g Korean chili powder (if you want to eat spicily, add 1-2 tablespoons of Vietnamese chili powder because Korean chili is not as spicy as Vietnamese chili)
– 80g-100g sugar
– 150ml-200ml fish sauce
– Large grain salt (200-300g)
- How to make the dish
- Step 1: Cabbage cut off the round stem of the wealth, split the cabbage in half or make 4 parts, dip in water so that when sprinkled with salt will attach more. Rub the salt into the white sheath, add salt to the inside of the shale, rubbing it until it is gone. Every 20-30 minutes back to conversion. So on until the cabbage flexibility (can fold in without cracking). When the cabbage has been soft, rinse with water 2-3 times to reduce salinity, put the cabbage into the basket to tilt the basket to drain the water (do not squeeze it to drain quickly as this will crush the cabbage).
- Step 2: While waiting for pickled cabbage, proceed to make carrots, beets, onions, scallions, and washed leaves, drain and chop a finely chopped onion with ginger, garlic into a mixture. smooth, pale yellow.
- Step 3 (make kimchi sauce): Mix glutinous rice flour mixed with 1-1.2 liters of water when stirring steadily to prevent the dough from burning.) When you see the powder flour rolling, stir in sugar to melt, boil again and turn off the stove to cool down (do not cool completely because then mixing chili powder on the color is not nice).
Next for Korean chili powder, Vietnamese chili powder in stir for about 20 minutes, so the color is beautiful, then continue to mix the garlic and garlic onion mixture, add fish sauce and mix well.
- Step 4: Carrot, grated radish about 3cm, scallions cut into 3cm pieces mixed with sauce on top. Put on gloves and spread the sauce all over the white part of the mustard, paying attention to the area between the sheaths so that all the cabbage have a fever.
- Step 5: Roll kimchi and put it into glass or plastic box (do not compress the kimchi full and tight because, after fermentation, kimchi will secrete water). Leave it outside until kimchi ferments for 2-3 days depending on the weather (press on the small bubble effervescence) then slowly refrigerate.
I wish you success with Korean kimchi-making!